Thursday, August 9, 2012

Be Kind :)

Hey guys, I just wanted to create this post about somethingg that I care deeply about. First, I'm the type of person to go up to the new kid at school when no one else will, or stick up for the kids who get picked on all the time even though I'm like half the size of most people. You never know when you can make someone's day, or be a friend when someone absolutely needs one. Anyways, I just encourage everyone to be the one to make a difference. Even if you think it's something little, it may be something huge to someone else. Don't judge. Bring out the best in people, be there, and just be encouraging and friendly to those who need it. You never know what't going on in others heads, so you can definitely make a difference just by saying 'hi' and trying to be their friend. Even if you've never gotten along with someone, just try to be there if you think they may need it. I promise, if you take one second to look someone in the eye, that can say a lot more than words can't..
I've been amazingly inspired by Rachel Joy Scott, who was shot in 1999 at Columbine High School. Her story is amazing, and even though she's dead, she continues to live through so many people. She has touched so many lives, and she's definitely a role model of mine. All she wanted was to change the world, and so do I :)
-Ashlyn

--If you'd like to learn more about Rachel and her story, check out this website :)
http://www.racheljoyscott.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment