Monday, May 7, 2012

Nail Ideas Anyone?

So over the weekend I was really bored, so I got on my favorite website EVER--Pinterest :) It gave me lots of ideas for hair, makeup, and nails soo here's something that I came up with on my own.
So you will need THREE colors. A base color, and then two kind of poppy colors. My base color was the blue looking color.Then, I chose black and this glittery silver. You should also put on a clear top coat. Keep in mind that you do not have to do this step by step, the purpose of this is to open up your eyes to knew ideas and ways to do it.
So what you'll want to do is get some type of flat edge tape. I used this nail tape from a french manicure set. You first paint the base color, let it dry really good, and then place the tape on your finger nail really carefully on the spot where you want the next color to be. So after I put the tape on the place where I wanted my nail painted, I painted the upper right corner black. I recommend taking the tape off right after the nail is painted. Let it dryyy!
After the second color has dried, place some tape on the next spot that you would like painted. Or you could just stop at the second color. I decided that just the black corner was too plain, so I wanted to add more. I painted the lower right corner silver. And voila!
If you're a horrible painter like me, I suggest taking a Q-tip and dip it into some nail polish remover to take off the coloring on your skin.

So I hope this gave you some cute ideas for the summer! I will be doing different crafts and ideas for hair and makeup really soon so I'll put some more ideas up here ASAP. I don't want your summers to be as boring as mine :)
-Ashlyn

1 comment:

  1. cool! something i can do and that's saying something! simple but cute!!! :)

    ReplyDelete